Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hopefully in Love

by Jon Walker

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. 1 John 4:16 (NIV)

*** *** *** ***

Today’s guest devotional is provided by Jon Walker –

We were singing when I noticed the typo. The lyrics to the praise tune were supposed to be, “I’m hopelessly in love with you.” But someone accidentally typed: “I’m hopefully in love with you.”

The first suggests an abandonment to love: “God, I’m in this relationship head-to-toe, no matter where it leads.”

The second suggests tentativeness: “Gee, I hope I can love you God.”

We express a desire to deepen our relationship with God and there he stands in the deep end calling us to jump in and join him. There we stand, testing the living water with our toes, hesitating to take the plunge that would require a fully immersed abandonment to God.

The thing is this: The only thing stopping you from a deep, abiding relationship with God is … you.

Our objective-in-Jesus is to fall hopelessly in love with God. Ask yourself what hinders you from a deeper relationship with God, and ask God to remove any obstacles that are in the way. 

2 Personal Thoughts:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

Beautiful Mama well said

Thanks again for the sweet comments on my blog . oh do play around it would be fun you can make it any way you want to big small or just one word answers.


Have fun I know you can do it and make it beautiful.

Love the beach theme every time I stop I get that sunny feeling of sanabel.

That is wear we all in our family have been vac for awhile.

sanabel is about I think 1/2 hour from marco and maybe 20 from naples. can not wait till spring break and the water is a bit warmer we will venture to take Emma there .

She is not a big fan of sand and gettting dirty.

When Big Daddy was baptized at THE beach one they had, well my little girl hated the sand all over and I had to carry her .

hard enough to walk now have a toddler in your arms . and well Daddy was with Jesus being blessed.

That was so important more then halping me out, he gets off the hook with that one!

Unknown said...

Beautiful blog, snazzy!

Thank you for the reminder of God's ridiculously perfect love for us. I am only insipired to love and follow Him more because of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails