Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Has it really be nine years?

Seriously?

I know I ask myself this questions each year that his birthday arrives, but really has it been nine years?

Nine years ago on November 27, 2000 at 11:16 PM, this little man changed my life, my heart and my world, forever.

As I plan his birthday party today, I can't help but think back on the very moment I touched his little warm body, the moment he was born.

I still remember the doctor telling me to stop pushing, open my eyes and look at my son half way out of me. The doctor takes his hand and waves it at me saying "hi mommy." Now I am starting to cry.

Okay Misty, you can stop bawling and go get a tissue for the snot running out my nose now.

I remember when he loved to give me 'smoochy kisses'. He would put his lips on mine and turn his head side to side, giving me the longest and the best of smoochy kisses. Now, I am lucky if I even get a kiss out of him each day. Mostly at nights before bed or when he is walking out the door to go to school.

I am so thankful for this little man in my life. My first real love.

He made me a better person by being in my life. He gave me a better reason to change and live the life that God wants me to live.

I can't believe at 22 years old, I gave birth to this little boy weighing in at 6 lbs 8 oz.










Back to planning his birthday party.

9 Personal Thoughts:

GamecockQueen said...

What a sweet mommy you are Misty. Hunter is a great boy. I know you will plan a great birthday part!

Oh, and you left me a comment on my post about bargain shopping (so proud of myself, totally turned over a new leaf about saving $ and shopping cheap) that you got that cute plaid shirt for $12 at Wal Mart. I was in Wal Mart Saturday, and what do I see, that same shirt! I got the red and black one for myself (my college's colors are garnet and black so close enough that I can wear it as a Gamecock shirt) and the brown and white looked so pretty on you with your blonde hair that I got it for my Moom, who is also a blonde. You know I am also from TX and TX is famous for beautiful blondes and I've always wanted blonde hair...didn't get it, oh well!

Wanda said...

Very touching Misty. Have fun planning your boy's birthday.

Wanda (At Last...)

Natalie said...

Hunter is so very precious! I hope that y'all have a super fun birthday celebration!

House Queen said...

My oldest turns 8 Thursday and I cannot believe it! Happy birthday to your sweetie!

The Drama Mama said...

That is such a sweet post - Happy 9th Birthday, Hunter!! You are such an awesome, blessed Mama! HUGS!

Kasey said...

That was such a sweet picture! You have such a beautiful little boy. I'm 20 and i'm still my mama's "baby"..so remember no matter how big he gets..he'll always be your "baby!"

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Happy Birthday, Hunter!! I don't want mine to be that old, but I guess it is inevitable...just makes you cherish each day even more!

Kingdom Bloggers said...

He's going to be a heart breaker! Such a wonderful testimony Misty. I hope God blesses him on a special way.

Tony C

My Heart said...

My daughter is turning 9 on Nov 26 (um, tomorrow). Cool that they are the same age for us to go through phases together with (via blogging) but from a different perspective (boy vs girl)

Related Posts with Thumbnails