Friday, February 27, 2009

Chicago Pictures - Finally!!!

I finally made it to one of Hunter's out of state travel hockey games, Chicago!!!  I had never been and it was the last tournament and game of the season, so there were many reason's to make this trip.  Morgan and I packed and headed to Chicago with the Jr. Panther's.  Morgan, instantly became the team mascot.  The boys (and parents) loved having a baby aboard, and Morgan got tons of attention.  

The first game Friday night after we arrived was a pretty ugly game.  The Panther's lost by a whopping 14-1, Hunter shooting the only goal.  The boys, should not have lost by so much, but they were tired after a long travel day and just weren't ready to play.

Saturday we had 2 games and a skills competition.  Needless to say it was a LONG day of hockey.  Morgan and I officially became 'rink rats' this day.  The Panthers tied both of their games of the day.   The first tie game Hunter shot the 1st goal of the game and the last goal, in the last 22 seconds of the game.  

Saturday night a few players and parents headed into downtown Chicago to have dinner at the famous steakhouse, Gibson's. 

Sunday the players played their last game of the weekend and what an intense game it was.  They WON, after taking us into 2 overtimes and a shootout, winning their first game of the weekend and their last game of the season!!!! It was a great game to watch and drew in a huge crowd during the overtime and shootout games.  You don't get to see many of those at tournaments. 

Anyways, I have to say as tired as I was from all the travel, games and cold weather.  Both Morgan and Hunter were awesome the entire weekend.  Poor little Butterfly, she was either in a stroller or being held for all hours of the day at the rink because it was too dirty to let her crawl around.  She was such a trooper.  Hunter played his best hockey of the year and made me proud!!! 

Here are the pictures as I promised!!!  See aren't you proud of me?  I am finally getting caught up here with this stuff!!!! 




3 Personal Thoughts:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

THAT SOUNDS GREAT , BUT MISTY i THINK IT MIGHT SOUND TO EXCITING FOR THE KIDS LOL imanagian movers .

too too exciting there.

kidding sounds gret..I need to show tyou how to do this thing with the colors, I amaze myself. just got a e-mail from my neighbor who is a photographer well she said that the color editing I did with morgans picture was amazing and so profec awesoem huh.

U need to do this .
I'll show you it might be eai=sier, will see if Monday morning you are free I'll swin by in teh morning and show you my tric, it's all in the color menu that I found in the elelments . huh....

GamecockQueen said...

What beautiful children! Your daughter looks both like you and your husband.

And, oh my, what beautiful skin you have, even in that cold weather!

Anonymous said...

What fantastic photos! I adore Chicago. I used to live in the suburbs and I miss it so much! I saw Portillos in one of your photos. That's one of my hubby's favorite stops.

Related Posts with Thumbnails